The data gathered by the 2020 Census will examine the medical-related needs and program-related priorities in urban and rural areas, and fund counties and states based on that information.
Did you know that Calaveras County ranks among the top 20 counties in California for experiencing preventable dental emergencies and that Census data is helping to inform a plan to address the limited access to local dentists?
In other words, says the Census Bureau, if you want to improve health-care services where you live, be sure you’re counted.
Here are just a few areas that will be touched by 2020 Census data:
- The placement of new hospitals and health clinics.
- The number of doctors and other health providers needed in certain areas.
- The distribution of vaccines and medicine.
- Medicare Part B and Medicaid, affecting services and reimburserment rates.
- Health insurance, affecting estimates of coverage.
- Disability benefits, affecting payouts.
- Plus these special programs:
- Children’s Health Insurance
- Child and Adult Care Food
- Rural Health
- Medical Assistance
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance
- Special Supplemental Nutrition for Women, Infants and Children programs